This role involves development of the core AI tech for racing titles currently being developed in Slightly Mad Studios including a new and very exciting franchise. Ideal candidate for this role has an experience in AI field and deep knowledge of modern approaches used in this area.
General responsibilities the role include:
- Develop core AI systems for the company tech.
- Work closely with game designers, department leads and other programmers to design and implement AI behaviours.
- R & Ding and implementing new AI related technologies.
- Contribute to technical design documents and knowledge base.
- Able to help with other game system coding when required.
- Strong C++ and software development skills.
- At least five years of industry experience is essential.
- Good debugging skills.
- Experienced with current AI architectures and algorithms (including A* pathfinding, hierarchical finite state machines & data driven behaviours).
- Experienced with scripted gameplay and AI behaviours .
- Uses rational and pragmatic approaches to problem solving.
Soft skills requirements:
- Excellent communication, time-management & organisational skills.
- Self motivation.