Featuring all the elements that made the original core experience a runaway success, the Game Of The Year Edition will add even more to what is already the definitive racing sim:
- — An additional 50+ cars (125 total)
- — 4 tracks (35 unique locations, 100+ layouts total)
- — 60+ community-created liveries
- — 500+ features and improvements that have been added since launch
- — The iconic Nürburgring Combined Nordschieife + GP circuit
- — 2 exclusive vehicles for Project CARS from Pagani Automobili, both unveiled at this year’s Geneva Motor Show – the Zonda Revolucion, and Huayra BC
“Almost five years ago, we started on a journey to create the most authentic, most beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet,” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios.
“The game that launched back in May of last year was therefore the ultimate culmination of our own experience making accomplished racing games for over a decade, along with invaluable input from real-world racing drivers who gave us unprecedented insight into the motorsports world, and the wishes and desires of the racing community through our equity crowd-funding platform called the WMD Portal which allowed fans and players to test the game from day one, and who gave us feedback and guidance every day thereafter.”
Project CARS has seen enormous growth via its On Demand and Esports programs since its launch. It also leads the way amongst other racing titles in employing new technologies such as built-in support for 12K, and Virtual Reality.
“The Game Of The Year Edition is both a celebration and a thank you to the racing community around the world,” said Ian Bell. “They have made Project CARS into the start of an exciting new franchise, and the undisputed leader in the sim racing game genre.”
Project CARS Game of the Year Edition will be available later this year on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC.