Senior Audio Designer
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Audio Designer to join the team.
General responsibilities the role include:
- Highly experienced sound designer with particular specialism and track record in creating world-class vehicle sounds
- Extensive field recording experience and willingness to capture, edit, manage and implement new source recordings
- Fluency in FMOD and/or WWise
- Access to professional-level studio facilities
- Experience of multi-channel audio technologies
- You will work with the Audio Director and the programming team to help innovate and develop existing materials and technologies across a range of projects
Slightly Mad Studios is a built from the ground up to support remote workers. It’s not a working style that suits everyone, but for the right sort of mindset, it’s a great way to get things done. That being the case, the following soft skills would stand you in good stead:
- Trust: be able to work from home regularly, and in a primarily online work environment. We’re built from the ground up to support distributed development, and this is part of our DNA.
- Flexibility: be able to quickly fit in with a company with a mature and well-defined culture.
- Diplomacy: you’ll know when to stand your ground, and when to give a little.
- Agile but grounded: sometimes things go according to plan, and sometimes things are last-minute. You’ll be able juggle both.
- Psychology: one size doesn’t fit all. You’ll know how to get the best out of anyone we throw at you, and where and how to use them.
- Motivated: working from home, or remotely from the rest of the company, isn’t for everyone. You need to know what this style of work entails.
- It’ll be a benefit if you’re a genuine fan of car culture and of Hollywood-style generous doses of action!