Here at SMS, we have a reputation for making some of the very best racing games on the planet. We’ve got an exciting new project, and – whilst it involves cars – it’s something a little bit different for us. Cinematics are an area of major focus for us, and we need an experienced Cinematics Director help on board to help us out. Depending on individual, you might end up taking control of videos for pCARS, or help on our new project, or a mixture of both.
- Design, plan and communicate the in-game video assets, cinematics and front end movie for titles
- Drive the creative and cinematic video strategy for marketing campaigns
- Lead content creation from start to finish: from creative briefs through to concepts, cinematics and capture, editing and post-production.
- Dealing with multiple projects & tasks in parallel (conceptual work, edits, in-house marketing work)
- Direct the movement creation process and final edits of the scenes and cinematics
- Regularly meet with producers and other directors to manage resources, expectations, and deadlines
- Stay on top of work and deliver at peak levels
- Owning creative relationships with external studios, and partners - providing direction, training and support
- Experience as a Video Director in gaming, film, or Television industry required
- Knowledge and deep understanding of motorsports and car culture an advantage
- Experience with game cinematics and game capture a big plus
- Deep understanding of production tools, software, and post-production workflows
- Having a great eye for detail and composition, cinematography, using depth within the frame
- Staying up to date on production and post production video work, tools, workflows
- Pushing the boundaries on how to get the most of our in-game assets and best 'sell' or show off our game.
- Continually identify areas and opportunities to further improve, pushing the creative boundaries, competing with the big studios.