World of Mass Development
WMD (World of Mass Development) is our new platform for games creation that allows:
- Developers to submit ideas to an active gaming community, raise the funds needed to develop them, get continual feedback from community team members that can play work-in-progress builds, use the WMD Portal to promote their project, get help from other developers, and ultimately launch their game to an eagerly-awaiting audience.
- Players to browse available projects and join any they are interested in, download and play regular builds of the game, participate in discussion & polls, speak directly to the developers, and eventually earn money back based on their contribution when the game is released
WMD is therefore a unique prospect for both developers looking to raise funds for their projects and gamers that want to get involved in exciting upcoming titles.
Project CARS is the first of those titles to use the WMD development system and represents the ‘Ultimate Driver Journey’…
- FRANCHISE MODE allows you to carve out a personalized career starting in the Karting world and then progressing on to whichever motorsport specialization you prefer including Rally, Touring Cars, Open-Wheel, GT, Le Mans, and many more!
- Play CO-OP with a friend as Driver/Co-Driver
- FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT… Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!
- Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you’ve never seen before!
- Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage
- DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging
- 10+ GAME MODES covering every form of motorsport
- CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content
- USER-GENERATED CONTENT – Create your own liveries, decals, tuning setups, and even events! Then share them with the world – either for free, in-game credits or even real money!
- PUSHING TO THE LIMITS – Advanced physics, lighting, and AI
The WMD ethos focuses on connecting developers with their key audience and encouraging communication and active participation between the two.
Projects will be freely available to browse via the WMD Portal and if the community is interested in a particular one, they can then join as Team Members through the purchase of Tool Packs that correspond to different company positions and levels of interaction.
In addition to these core Tools, each project can also have specific Perks that award different benefits to Team Members based on their contribution. Examples may be:
- Have your face put in the game
- Have an opponent or character named after you
- VIP access to events
For the price of a minimum Tool Pack therefore, Team Members will be able to see the game being made, speak directly to the developers, and play a new version of the game each month. Then, once the game is released, Team Members can then earn money back for their input (based on their position within the company) and the success of the project.
For developers, WMD provides a platform where ideas and projects can be promoted to an already-active community of gamers and fans, funds can be raised to create the game, and then money can be earned back (30% of all profit) upon its release.
Such a system negates the need for publisher backing and puts developers directly in touch with an already-active, interested, and involved community that can help with focus testing and feedback.
Through each project’s dedicated forum, regular builds can be pushed out to the community and feedback given. Voting can also be instigated allowing content & design to be directed (weighted by Tool Pack ownership), and discussion can occur between those making the game and those eager to play it.
Developing through the WMD Portal also enables developers to keep full control of their own IP – usually a key area of contention in the development arena.
For more info on WMD and Project CARS, head over to http://www.wmdportal.com