We are looking for an Audio Programmer to join the audio team here at Slightly Mad Studios.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for game audio and have 5+ years’ experience in the industry and strong C++ skills.
Responsibilities and Requirements include:
- Working with the audio team to assist in creating world leading game audio across all our projects and platforms
- Improving the audio implementation pipeline, maintaining and improving existing audio integration tools.
- A keen interest in vehicle audio would be desirable along with knowledge of reproduction methods and synthesis models, such as granular and additive synthesis
- Knowledge and experience of Wwise and Fmod API’s
- An interest in Audio DSP programming
- Knowledge of spatial audio formats, VR and Ambisonics in particular.
In addition to the above, applicants should show a good understanding of how audio systems are implemented and will need to:
- Take an active part in the audio design process working with sound designers, composers, game designers and other programming disciplines
- Be adept at turning audio system designs into technical specifications and implementing resulting code
- Profile and maintain existing audio code
- Good debugging skills
- Be highly self-motivated
- Have excellent communication, time-management & organisational skills SMS is a unique company based on a distributed development model.
- We provide a flexible dev environment where every member of the team works from home or remotely.
- You will need to be highly motivated and proactive, as well as have fantastic communication and organisational skills
- You will have excellent creativity and strong initiative to continually look for areas of improvement within audio