Skip to content
Core responsibilities include:
- Creating high quality content, from individual assets to entire scenes.
- Work with the Art Directors and Lead Environment artists to develop and maintain high quality game environments.
- Delivering work that adheres to production schedules, with the proactive drive to explore new workflows and methods of execution.
- Actively participate in a collaborative and creative environment, accepting feedback from and providing feedback within the art team.
- Multitasking effectively, being able to prioritise competing demands and follow through on all assigned tasks.
- Supporting and mentoring other, less experienced and require more direction.
- Co-ordinating and working with external outsource vendors, including reviewing work and providing feedback.
Core requirements include:
- 5+ years experience in an Environment Artist role with multiple shipped, AAA titles.
- Knowledgeable and keeps current with best practices in game art production and software applications.
- Expert knowledge in industry standard tools such as 3ds Max, ZBrush & Photoshop.
- A strong portfolio of work to demonstrate a high amount of attention to artistic and technical detail.
- Exceptional ability to create both organic natural terrain, as well as hard surface modelling.
- An excellent understanding of physical materials and creating texture maps to accurately replicate them in CG.
- Strong lighting and composition skills and an understanding of colour theory.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Understanding of art pipelines, workflows, environment scale, form and their technical dependencies.
- A positive attitude with a pro-active approach and a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience using laser scanned data & photogrammetry to generate accurate track lofts and terrain.
- Proficient in modelling optimised 3D content, baking details and creating efficient levels of detail.
- Experience creating a variety of real world vistas using tools such as ‘Vue’ and ‘Worldmachine’.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in racing games.
Competitive salary DOE